Thursday, July 5, 2012

nr2 chp1


CHAPTER 1

It had almost been a year since I’d known who I actually was. My skin was still marred from the bruises of the experiments. At least it didn’t hurt or sting like before. Yen and Abhi also knew our secret now. But the best part about them was that they treated us the same way like they used to, before all this drama started. Honestly, I wouldn’t have liked it if they treated us special only because we were aliens. The connection was strong enough now that even a crescent moon was enough. The entire night riser thing was cool. Marsella- my sister, Arya- the hot and handsome Robin Hood and my grandparents, we usually connected at midnight. Fiddle and Fiona, our grandparents liked telling us many legends and facts about Prisma, our planet. I wished Prisma was nearby. I would just get into a train and see this beautiful place. But alas, that was next to impossible.
 It still felt creepy to consider myself as an alien, but I was. “Tomorrow is going to be a special day Lune. You ready?” Marsella asked through the connection at night. My birthday is tomorrow but that wasn’t the special part. What is going to make my birthday special is a proposal. Yen was finally going to propose to me. It was supposed to be a secret but Abhi had told Marsella, and she couldn’t hide it due to the connection. Yen didn’t know this yet and I wish he never would. I had never been so excited. I imagined a hundred different ways in which he would propose- on his knees in his usual flirty style, or maybe he’d come on a horse just to be more dramatic, or he’d have a beautiful rose and he’d say some filmy lines. Ah! The wait was killing me.
I could feel the connection but I was in no mood to chat with the others. The hands of the clock slowly struck twelve and that is when I was forced into the connection. “Happy birthday!” they all cheered at once. The voice was so loud I could burst! I wanted Yen to wish me first but…. “Happy birthday Angel” he said. I turned around but I couldn’t see him. Where was his voice coming from? I looked through the window, behind the curtains, under my bed, but didn’t find him. The others started laughing in my head.
“What’s so funny?” I asked them. “Yen’s not in your house Lune, I’m on the line with him!” Marsella said while giggling like crazy. Since she was on the phone with Yen, Yen was in her mind, and thus also in mine. Wow! The sound of him was incredible the way I heard it within my head! I loved my family! I was about to imagine Yen here with me right now but I had to control myself. The connection could get too awkward at times. Bob entered the room with a huge cake. My parents accompanied him. I loved both my families! They sang the birthday song and I could feel the connection slowly fading.
Often, I pondered on grandma’s advice. She believed that doing something you love to do, can help you even in the most difficult situation. But I still had to figure out what I loved doing most. I checked my Facebook account which was full of wishes already. I spent the entire night online and it was finally time to go to college. I wore new clothes which made me look very pretty. I tied my hair up in a very fashionable way. I wanted to look the best today. I wanted to drive Yen speechless just by looking at me. Even half an hour of travelling to meet him seemed like a lot. Just then I saw a yellow Audi in my driveway. It was the latest model. No way! He’d come to pick me up? In his Audi? I loved Yen!
I was about to hug him tightly when he got out of the car, but he kissed me on my cheeks before I could reach him and wished me. What he did next, took my breath away for a minute. He gave me the car keys and said, “For today, this car is yours. Happy journey!” He’d given me his car for today? I could see that he was hiding something but I would ask him later, right now I wanted to enjoy this ride. We reached college, but I was in no mood to attend it. Nor were the others. So the four of us decided to ditch college and roam around in our new ride. I drove it way too fast; luckily there were no cops around. Yen asked me to stop the car near a garden. We got down and our photo session started. Even Fiddle and Fiona joined us along with Arya. Now this was a surprise. But I was waiting for a bigger surprise, for Yen.
There was a fountain in that garden with absolutely nobody except the seven of us. Yen’s hair was wet from the fountain’s water droplets and it made him look even more handsome. He was looking at me like I was a real angel. He handed me a letter. My eyes fell wide open! A guy like Yen could write me a love letter? Before I could open it, we heard a voice from a distance that startled us. “Hello night risers…”
Perhaps Marsella’s suspicion was on the right track. Nana had a backup plan. Otherwise how could this man know that we were night risers? We all took a defensive position. “If you want to get them, you’ll have to go through us” Yen said while taking a protective position before me. Couldn’t he leave his drama at least in such a situation? We were waiting for them to attack but the man started laughing. His laugh was cruel enough to scare us. He whispered, “I’m not gonna hurt you. I’m not taking you for any experiments. I want something else from you guys.” If he wasn’t going to hurt us, why did he get so many other people with him? “What do you want Tony?” Fiddle asked. “You know him?” Arya questioned. “Yeah. He worked with me at NASA.” Grandpa informed us.
“Hm. Good old days.” Tony said with a smirk. “We’ll have enough of time to talk about that, but right now, we’re going to Prisma.” We were taken aback! With that line, he sprayed something on us, obviously, it was something like chloroform.